Pages

Thursday, 4 May 2017

Looking Forward

I'm still trying to keep going with working on 2 UFO's a month. It's not going too well though. The plan at the beginning of the year was to actually finish the two designated quilts in the month. The last few months have been hectic and I've been lucky if I've managed to progress them. Still I plough on regardless.

This month's UFO's to work on are

Dancing With Stars


A paper pieced  BOM  from a few years ago that needs sandwiching up and quilting

and Tonga Batik



yet another BOM from a few years ago that just needs sandwiching and quilting.

Both are double bed sized.

I have kept up with my Bees and Sew Alongs. I'm Queen Bee in the only Bee I'm in so no need to make any blocks for that this month. The sew along I'm joining in on via Facebook has the Quilter's Cache Double Aster block for his month. I haven't made this one before so looking forward to getting some time to  get it done.

On the home front we are still busy decorating and moving furniture around plus now we've finally got some warmth in the Welsh sun there's so much that needs doing in the garden. Sewing time I'm afraid is taking a back seat. Hopefully I can get the Sew Along block done this weekend so I've something to show you. Otherwise I'm afraid my next post may be a tour of the garden and greenhouse.


6 comments:

  1. Some months are better than others. I did make the Tonga Batik one, I did not put the extra flying geese on as it was way too big for my queen size bed ( I don't use a pillow tuck). It was a fun quilt to make - you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful UFOs. The Tonga Batik quilt is quite breathtaking. For a while, I had quite the pile of tops that needed sandwiching and quilting. I've been a little better about that more recently. I've only got one top left that needs to be sandwiched and quilted. Good luck on the UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that Dancing with Stars was stunning - but then I saw Tonga Batik and fell in love!! It is gorgeous - how can you not have finished it off. Good luck for your months goals. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely UFO quilt tops you've shared -- happy sandwich-ing and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful quilts and I wish you speedy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dancing with the stars quilt Gina . It really is time for the garden in this heat isn't it ? Too hot to sew indoors

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx