Pages

Sunday, 7 May 2017

List? What List

Yes I know the last post was a sort of list of what I was going to work on this month. So obviously when I got into my sewing room yesterday I decided to work on something different. In my defence though I need to get backing fabric and wadding before I can quilt those two tops.

Last month I pulled out Simple Times to work on.


 A BOM that was only part complete. You can see how far I got HERE. I still needed to make the 13 alternate 9 patch blocks though.


Yesterday I buckled down and got them all made.


And when I laid them out I realised that one of them wasn't quite right


so that got unpicked and put right.

Laying the quilt out roughly on my design bed so you get the subtle effect


I've cut the sashing and cornerstones but haven't sewn any of them yet. I've lain some out though so you can see the effect.


Until I get to the fabric shop to get backing for one of the tops I want to quilt, this weeks job is to get the centre of this quilt sewn together. The dresden fan border can wait for a bit I think.

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is nice and I do like your beautifully soft, relaxing colours can't wait to see this finished with the Dresdens. "misplaced" row, easy to do as I know from just having to fish out my little un-picker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just reminds me , I have some little blocks like this myself from some time ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely soft palate you have chosen! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is just lovely. I love the fabrics you've chosen for it. I can't wait to see the quilt center complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to make one of these, but I am unable to find the pattern. Yours is coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's pretty! I really like the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got to your blog from your Bee a bee post๐Ÿ˜€ this is a lovely quilt, it will look stunning when it is finished Gina ๐Ÿ˜€ hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got to your blog from your Bee a bee post๐Ÿ˜€ this is a lovely quilt, it will look stunning when it is finished Gina ๐Ÿ˜€ hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx