Yes I know the last post was a sort of list of what I was going to work on this month. So obviously when I got into my sewing room yesterday I decided to work on something different. In my defence though I need to get backing fabric and wadding before I can quilt those two tops.
Last month I pulled out Simple Times to work on.
A BOM that was only part complete. You can see how far I got HERE. I still needed to make the 13 alternate 9 patch blocks though.
Yesterday I buckled down and got them all made.
And when I laid them out I realised that one of them wasn't quite right
so that got unpicked and put right.
Laying the quilt out roughly on my design bed so you get the subtle effect
I've cut the sashing and cornerstones but haven't sewn any of them yet. I've lain some out though so you can see the effect.
Until I get to the fabric shop to get backing for one of the tops I want to quilt, this weeks job is to get the centre of this quilt sewn together. The dresden fan border can wait for a bit I think.