Pages

Saturday, 25 February 2017

Lack of Sewing Time

Due to a family issue behind the scenes, my time in the sewing room has been so limited it's non existent.
My planned finish of the other UFO Challenge quilt will have to carry forward to next month. As does any working on my cross stitch UFO.

On the plus I did manage to get some time today just to sew two blocks for a sew along through a FB group.


Remember this block from the beginning of the month


The one that should have been 12", I decided to shrink it to 6" but it ended up 4". ( You can read about it HERE). Well thanks to the picking of the Ohio Star block for March I'll manage to incorporate it into the quilt.

I've made it my centre of the 12" block.

I've remade February's block as a 6" square as I wanted to in the first place.


And here are the first three blocks all together


I want to make the blocks as a mix of 6" and 12" squares to make a mixed up quilt.

In other quilty news a couple of months ago I saw some fabric on Instagram that I just had to have. Searching online I found some at EQuilter in the States and bought a load to make a lap quilt for myself.



Isn't it fabulous. It's the same fabric I made my friends yoga mug rug from only it's the yardage I couldn't get over here in the UK.

I also bought this panel


 I know it looks like it's for children but I liked it and may make some tote bags from it.

I also bought a charm pack as the top piece looked like dots. I love and can't resist dotty fabric. It turned out to be strawberries but I'm not complaining as it's a great range of fabrics.


Well that's going to be it for February. I'm hoping for a more productive March.

3 comments:

  1. Well background issues apart that looks like a good month stash wise anyway . Hope things settle for you Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way of using up that odd block. Sorry to hear that you have problems - hope they get sorted soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the family issues all turn out well. Your blocks are lovely and I love the fabrics you found.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx