I thought taking part in Cheryl's linky party was the ideal opportunity
The idea is to nominate your 5 best posts from the last year. The description of best is purely subjective. It could be your favourite or the most popular. There is no criteria.
I've looked through my blog posts since January and have decided to go for a mix of most viewed, some finishes and my favourite.
1. First up we have the most recent finish, Sleeping Under The Stars. I love this quilt and didn't really want to gift it. It started out as a normal bed sized quilt and ended up a super king sized.
For those of you who don't want to read the many blog posts about it, it was pieced and quilted on my domestic janome and finished up as 10 ft x 10 ft in size.
2. Next we have a post HERE featuring a few finishes from back in March.
I'd made a selection of table runners and mug rugs for auction. A friend was struggling to pay a horrific vets bill and a group of us got together to make stuff to sell to raise the funds to help. I'm pleased to say we just about covered the bill between us. I really liked the thought of something I'd made helping out in this way and am currently making a bed quilt for auction for another cause. More on that in a later post though.
3. Another finish. This time from May and the post can be found HERE.
A baby quilt for my daughter's boss and his wife. I love making baby quilts. Unfortunately I'm at that age where all my friends are too old to have them of their own but too young for grandchildren. Therefore I jump at any opportunity to make one. The daughter's boss wasn't asked whether he wanted one, he was told. Luckily he's used to me.
4. The final quilty post I'm sharing is from August and can be found HERE
I was lucky enough to pattern test this for an online friend and I loved making it. I've used this bag all summer and have continued to use it to brighten up Winter's grey days.
Details of where to get the pattern are at the bottom of the original blog post.
5. Finally my favourite post isn't quilty at all. It can be found HERE.
It's a tour of my outside sewing room, otherwise known as my garden. This is where I spend most of my summer, either working on the garden or with my spare machine set up on the patio. It's where alot of Sleeping Under The Stars was pieced.
So that's my favourite five. Feel free to pop over to Cheryl's blog to find out what other's favourites are.