Pages

Monday, 27 June 2016

July Queen in the Buzzy Friends Bee

In a few days time it will be July and my turn to be Queen in the Buzzy Friends Bee. Ok, yes I thought my month was November but after a brief panic I'm ready.

So what block have I picked my friends?  It's simple, I haven't. I'm going to let you pick one for me. There are a few guidelines though.

First up I would like a Star block of some kind. It could be your favourite star pattern or one you've been dying to try out. They can be pieced, paper pieced, applique, embroidered or a mixture of some or all. Have fun, be creative.
Next up I would like it to be 6" finished ( that's 6.5" unfinished).
Background colour to be black or dark blue, plain or tone on tone/marble. Not patterned thank you.
Star colours to be bright jewel colours. These can be plain, batik or patterned as long as they shine out against the dark background.

I'm aiming to set the blocks as Attic Windows so it looks like stars at night, hence the dark backgrounds. A quick example of the setting would be


These are just blocks I pulled from EQ but you get the idea.

Not sure what Star to do? here are some sites that might help. Just click on the name to go there.

Quilters Cache
McCalls Quilting
Generations Quilt Patterns
Fave Quilts
Patchwork Square
Delaware Quilts
Quilting About.com

There's a few to give you some ideas, there are plenty more out there. Have fun and I look forward to seeing what you all come up with

2 comments:

  1. That's a great choice - I love stars. The hard part will be choosing a pattern, I'll look forward to making this block for you x

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx