Pages

Thursday, 17 March 2016

Nobody Panic........

But I've actually got a finish to show you, well four actually. Yes I know I had to have a sit down and a coffee to get over the shock.

A Facebook group I belong to runs auctions to help pay for members vets bills if needed. There's an auction coming up so I said I'd make up something for it.

As this was Tuesday and the auction starts tomorrow I didn't have alot of time to make anything too complicated. Mug rugs it was then.

I was lucky that I had a few already pieced after other projects so I only had to sandwich and quilt these.

First up is a pink and aqua pinwheel made from left overs from a bee block.


I quilted it simply. Straight lines in the aqua border, serpentine in the white triangles and double circles in the border.

Next up is a left over block from the Splendid Sampler. I started the QAL but to be honest I haven't really liked any of the blocks so gave it up. Anyway block 1 has made up a lovely mug rug.


I edged the heart with lace trim before satin stitching it down, bordered the block in pale cream and picked out one of the greens in the floral fabric for the binding.


While I was in the sewing mood I also whipped a couple of table runners. These are so quick and easy to make up out of a pack or two of mini charms.

The first one is batiks with white. I had enough charms left to cut in half and make up a border. I used a Superior Thread variagated thread for quilting and just quilted a large stipple.



The second runner is using Moda Garden Produce and a pale cream. I didn't have enough charms left over to make a border so made the sashing wider. I quilted this using white in a cross hatch a quarter inch apart. I used navy for this binding.


 Well I don't think that's a bad show for a full day's sewing. I think my machine was on the verge of melting and is having a well deserved few days rest.

Sites I am linking to are listed on my Linky page

10 comments:

  1. Two lovely blocks for a very good cause - good for you.
    Both your table runners I like - I'm a fan of both batiks and crosshatch or straight line quilting so these are just up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutley love your batiks with white table runner. I can see batiks featuring in my furute quite a lot, they always look great in a project. Great work, well done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finishes! They're all lovely but I do love your batik table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a productive week! Your mug rugs and table runner look wonderful. I love the quilting on the pink and aqua mug rug especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely Gina but I especially like the batik table runner. Good luck with the auction. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart mug rug is so pretty, although you had me at Quilts and Cake. Good luck with raising money for vets bills. My dog has meningitis just now and it's 6 months of medication, good job I have insurance.
    Smiles from
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have enough mug rugs can you. I love that second table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Four finishes in one Friday. That's awesome! And very generous of you to donate them to the auction. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice finishes and four of them is impressive. Nice quilting also! I was heading for the comment button when mr March caught my eye! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All lovely but I like the mug rugs best . Hope the auction goes well x

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx