Pages

Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Not Such A Happy New Year

If you are looking for a bright and cheery post then feel free to skip past as this isn't one. The past few weeks have been extremely hard emotionally.

The week before Christmas saw me having an MRI scan at the local hospital. Two years ago I had a tumour removed from my abdomen and there's a chance it could have returned. I'm nervously awaiting the results but because of the holidays they are slightly delayed.

The week of Christmas a dickhead of a taxi driver ran a red light at speed and wiped out my car. No one was hurt thankfully, although I was very shaken up and had to go to hospital to check all was ok. My car was totalled so spent the last two weeks car less. Luckily hubby has a work van and I could borrow my mothers car when I needed one but it's not the same.

Lastly and more devasting my constant companion and beloved black labrador Stan became ill on the day after Christmas and despite the efforts of our vet I had to make the heartbreaking decision yesterday to have him put to sleep.




Words cannot even come close to how heartbroken we all are.

So please forgive me if I haven't replied to your emails or visited your blog. I've not been in my sewing room or even looked at fabric for the last few weeks. You have my word that normal service will resume eventually.

16 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss. Having to put a beloved pet down is so very difficult. I am hoping that your tests yield good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Stan. I hope your test results come back with good news. **Hugs** Take care, we'll see you back in blogland when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not apologize to us -- we need to send you hugs and hugs and more hugs! We will be here when you are ready to share with us again (and all good thoughts are winging your way for those test results).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you and I was wondering if you were o.k. I'm so sorry to hear about Stan. It must be so hard for you. I'm also thinking of you as you wait to hear about the test results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your year is not starting out well. Such a huge loss! My thoughts are with you and I pray things will get better from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been in my thoughts. Sending huge hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to read about Stan - I can see how much of a loss he is to you. Will be thinking of you as you wait for your scan results and send hugs and best wishes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about Stan, he was such a dude, I will miss seeing his pictures so much. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for the loss of your companion. All the best with your test results. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has certainly poured on you, take all the time you need and take care of yourself. Waiting for results is the utter pits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Gina, I am so so sorry for all your hardships and the loss of your beloved Stan. Those little guys are our family - it will take time. My thoughts are with you for your test results- wishing you the best xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heartfelt condolences on the loss of Stan. I lost my own chocolate lab 2 years ago, as well as both parents 6 days apart. Chuck is irreplaceable...he was a better friend for the 12 years I had him than many people. I saw your Stash Bee blocks--they are lovely. While reading your bio I saw you are in Wales...I have one "quilty friend" in Northern England...but was mostly intrigued by your blog name. I wish you many blessings....you've had enough hardship to last all year---very smart of you to get it all out of the way this early in the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Gina, checked on you this morning, as I hadn't seen much of you around QBL, then again, neither have I, and in today's (Jan. 30) post you said something about losing Stan, so I had to go back...I'm so sorry I missed this...crying for you and for Stan. We talked about our fur kids several times over the past couple of years...I'm so sorry; there are no words, but I hope knowing someone who has gone through this gut/heart/soul-wrenching experience is thinking of you and sending you hugs, that that will help a little.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx