Pages

Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Block a Day Quilt

So I tried not to start anything new this year as I have far to many quilt tops to quilt, but this I couldn't resist. A quilt made up of 365 blocks, with one block a day being released via facebook and/or email.



The blocks will be a mix of 3", 6", 9" and 12" and are released in order of difficulty. At the moment we are working on the inner dark border. Of course I'm not following the colour/shade plan. I've decided to do a rainbow quilt. I'm choosing a colour a month (this month will be blue) and will work out how to put it together using EQ later on in the year.

I will admit to being a few days behind as I am collecting all the instructions and then sewing a week's worth at a time.  We are making 3" ( finished) blocks at the moment.




I did make a small booboo. Having a brain fart last week I managed to make 3 of the blocks at 2" instead of 3". I'll put these together into a mug rug when I get time


If you are interested in joining me the details can be found on this facebook page. You can easily catch up and the links to all the blocks released so far can be found on there.

8 comments:

  1. Love how you swapped that to a rainbow quilt. I am looking forward to seeing your finished product at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly. I'm not usually a "follow that pattern!" girl, but that looks rather tempting, 'specially since I bought a FQ bundle of Van Gogh inspired prints shortly before Christmas. Wonder if I have enough yardage...? Hmmmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, can I do one block a day? Thanks for the invitation to join you! Started tonight, got the first seven done, but haven't quite got enough contrast in some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll sit this one out but I'll be happy to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those blocks look so great! Love watching the progress on this. I'm with Lisa, living vicariously through you with this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been doing this - and they are getting harder! I'm only one day behind at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read about this in several blog Gina - it sounds like a great idea but so far I have managed to resist! Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a gorgeous quilt. I look forward to seeing how yours looks with the rainbow theme! Sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx