Pages

Saturday, 8 August 2015

Dog Swap done ( FNWF)

Where has the last week gone. It was Friday before I realised that it was Tuesday. It really was one of those weeks. I didn't get in my sewing room until yesterday as I've been taking advantage of the weather and spending a load of time working in the garden.
Yesterday though was the monthly Friday Night With Friends sew in hosted by Cheryll and I do try not to miss that.
So what did I get up to yesterday evening ( and a bit of the afternoon if I'm honest). Well I finished the Dog Mini Swap that is due out on Monday. This is one of my listed finishes for the FAL Q3

I machine quilted the mini quilt.


I used a cross hatch in white in the embroidered panels, after I'd quilted in an oval shape to frame them.


The borders/sashing were quilted in ( nearly) parallel lines either horizontally or vertically as you can see on the back of the quilt. 


I also made a few pouches. One for my partner and one each for her children.  








I found some dog charms to use as zip pull decorations



I've put a few goodies in each of these pouches as a surprise for them all. 

Talking of surprises, a few of you will know that I hadn't received payment from my daughter for this quilt. Payment being chocolate. 
Well this turned up in the mail in the week



 My payment, as promised



My next swap to work on is the Harry Potter one. I'm running slightly late with this but I had a change of partner a week or so ago due to my original one dropping out at late notice. I've had to completely redo my design etc so I think I'm owed a few days over. 
I found some great background fabric for the mini

 which I'll be mainly quilting on. There will be a bit of applique, but mainly it'll be a quilted quilt. Yes I know that doesn't really make sense but you all know what I mean.

This is what I'll be working on today and Monday so I can get it in the mail early next week. 

I'm off to one of the big UK Quilt Shows tomorrow so expect lots of quilt photos next week as I'm taking both my cameras. 

9 comments:

  1. Very productive Friday night sewing, love your different projects.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this swap...such fun! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gina,

    What a cute dog stitchery design. Love the little bags you made up with dog fabric too. Enjoy that chocolate.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Puppies stitchery and the pouches look great.
    Enjoy the Harry Potter swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your dog quilt and pouches, very cute. And the embroidery is beautiful. Perfect Harry Potter material!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So busy for one night. Cute pouches and i like the stitchery. The oval frame with diagonal lines outside is like a picture in a picture.
    I like it.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puppies were on a roll round at your house on Friday! The swap mini is gorgeous. Love the beautifully stitched retro pooches. You're going to be in everyones good books when give out those bags... how sweet are they. Now... any chance there's any of those Hotel Chocolat goodies left.... they just happen to be my favourite! That's me... champagne taste.. beer wages! lol Enjoy....xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mini and pouches are both lovely. I'm sure your partner will love them. Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx