Pages

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Turning Twenty

No it's not my birthday, and anyway I turned twenty hundreds of years ago. This is the name of the shop/blog that is running one of the mystery quilts I'm making. They send a link in an email to the new blocks twice a month. The only thing I know is that they are all stars.

I had decided on these fabrics


but after finding a different patterned fabric I swapped out the bright blues/turquioses for two calmer blues.

You can see the new blue and patterned fabric in the first block that was published.


In the second I've used the other blue and pink. Also used a little green as a highlight fabric.


I won't be using much green, just here and there.

These blocks are 12" ( finished) but the pattern also calls for the same blocks in 6" (finished).




I've fabrics in these versions. I'm now up to date with this one. It won't last long though.

In other sewing I've made the block for July's Queen in the Europa sewing bee, an 18" Churn Dash.


And this is what 45 feet of binding looks like all rolled up. Yes it's time to bind the beast


To see who I'm linking the post click on the Tab that says Linky's

11 comments:

  1. Your stars look beautiful. Love the pastels, they're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks! Thanks for sharing at building blocks Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty blocks! I haven't seen anyone working in pastels in awhile and it's refreshing -- very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pastel colors you picked - makes for a calming quilt. I look forward to seeing your progress on these. Thanks for coming by Applique Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pastel colors you picked - makes for a calming quilt. I look forward to seeing your progress on these. Thanks for coming by Applique Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stars. Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice fabrics and blocks...........love the big Churn Dash..............

    ReplyDelete
  8. 45 feet of binding!!! Wow - I salute you - and enquire whether this is going to be a machine sewn binding or whether you have a really excellent thimble!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, I like that idea of a mystery quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. 45 feet is a lot of binding to have to make! Sounds like a fantastic finish coming up. I'm actually going to surf back to check it out. :) That mystery will be neat with little pops of green here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the green highlights in some of your blocks are really going to make that quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx