Pages

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Quilting Work in Progress

This week, now I've got the swap out of the way,  I'm working on some WIPs/UFOs.

The one I really need to get done and out of the house is the Sampler Quilt ( there's a sofa under there somewhere).


 This is a huge 120" x 120" and is not for me. To be honest I don't like it and that's why I don't like working on it. Well that and the fact that it hurts my back and shoulders dragging it through my Janome.

I've already quilted all the borders and the pieced blocks.



 I just need to do the setting blocks and the plain blocks in the centre.

I've done one side and it takes about 2-3 hours which includes marking time.


I'm using a stencil for these blocks, quilted in a variegated brown and FMQing round the motif in a thread that matches the background. The centre blocks will have a different stencil to be quilted.

Hubby's nights again this week so I can only work on this in the evenings.

 In the days I'm still hand stitching the border on Atlantis


I've only got the blue and green to sew down on one border and then it's finished and ready for quilting.
Hopefully by the end of the week they will both be ready for the next stage.

Linking up to  WIP Wednesday 
                        Bee Social 
                        Free Motion Mavericks
                        Needle and Thread Thursday
                        Pink Doxies

16 comments:

  1. What a pity you have developed an aversion to your sampler quilt. Do you have a charity or family member lined up to take it off your hands. Their pleasure might make the struggle worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing quilting on your Janome! Wow, that would be a lot to lug around. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting on the Sampler Quilt is just gorgeous! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 120 x 120 is HUGE . . . sending all good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love the Sampler quilt. You're doing a great job with the quilting - it is tiring trying to manipulate the larger quilts in the normal sewing machines. Hopefully you will like it more when its finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one huge quilt, and very pretty! I like how the blocks are bordered and on point. Although it might not be your style, I'm sure the recipient is going to treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilting , especially when you've put all the effort into something your heart doesn't lie in. Good work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that is a huge quilt to be hauling around - who needs to do weights when you could quilt! I love the colours in your Atlantis quilt, it must be a restful change from the other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gina, I love this quilt! It's such a shame you don't like working on it. It must be punishement then!
    Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both quilts are beautiful. Having several (um, many) UFOs here's my advice. Work on it only twice a week. Do one motif a session. Then give yourself permission to do what you want to work on. You might want to only work 1x a week or more. But planning the amount you force yourself to do may help you get through it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Gina, the quilting on that brown quilt is stunning! I know what you mean about the colours not inspiring one to keep plugging away at a quilt. I really love the colours and marbled fabric in Atlantis. Hand sewing on borders? Egad, not in my world. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous quilting! The design is perfect for the quilt. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can not see you dislike working ont this quilt!! Such a huge quilt on a Janome: I do not think a lot of quilters can do that. Your quilting is amazing!!! Compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt! I would like to invite you to link up your scrap quilts on Sunday with Oh Scrap! We would love to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have good start! What Janome are you using for the free-motion quilting? I use a 7700.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gina, that quilt is massive! You are a true heroine doing FMQ on a quilt that size - it must be exhausting. It is turning out beautifully.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx