Pages

Thursday, 30 July 2015

July Secret Pals

Over on Instagram I'm part of a monthly secret swap. You get a new partner at the beginning of the month and you have that month to send them a small handmade gift. The idea is that they receive the gift by the end of the month.
I'm running a bit late but as my partner is in the UK I can send the package next day delivery.

Apart from one or two months I've been sending mug rugs out each month. I love making these up as they are quick and good practice for new ideas.

I was planning on piecing this but as I was running late I decided on applique instead.


I sewed each piece down using a matching thread. I then echo quilted in each shape twice. Around the centre echo quilting I quilted pebbles/bubbles.

 

I matched the thread on the back to the ones I was using on the back


I bound it in the same white I used as the background. A white pinstripe. I love using this for binding. I've none left now and I can't remember where I got it from.


Anyway that's another finish for this week and I'll be linking this up on all the Friday linky's listed HERE

8 comments:

  1. Your pebbling is really good and I know your partner will really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I really need to get involved in more swaps. They make me so nervous though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, that pebbling is amazing! (And TINY! :o ) Beautiful, I bet the recipient will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilting on this cool quilt! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the quilting so much! I think its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your dense quilting alternates with plain fabric. It really makes it stand out,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your initial picture of this piece is so beautiful but the quilting you added makes it! It looks like it is spinning :D LOVE! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun mug rug! The free-motion quilting adds a nice dimension to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx