Pages

Saturday, 4 July 2015

FNWF

So I decided to sign up for the Friday Night with Friends sewing at Cheryll's blog. In my case though it's more a Friday afternoon and possibly Saturday morning.

First up I worked on my Starbucks Mug Rug swap. My partner likes purple, blue and aqua and design wise amongst other things she likes crosses. A quick play in EQ and I was off.

The centre of the mug rug. Yes I know that centre 9 patch looks small, it is. The squares finish at half an inch each.

 I decided to foundation piece the corners for accuracy and help with the bias.


All together and measuring 9" square


I quilted in the blue outer pieces and then motifs in the aqua squares.


 I'm going to leave the central cross unquilted ( although it has been in the ditch stitched) and bind it in the purple.


All this swap now needs is for me to pick up a Wales Global Icon mug and it'll be ready to send out next week.

Next up was to work on a WIP/UFO. I picked the Tula Sampler quilt that I started last year as a sew along with two friends and ground to a halt.

I'm using a mixture of bright and pastel batiks and have made 55 out of the 100 of the blocks.

1 - 9

 10 - 18
 19 - 27
 28 - 36
 37 - 45

 46 - 55


Yesterday I made up blocks 56 - 60


Still a way to go but I'm going to try and make two or three a week and they should soon be finished. They are only 6" finished so quite quick to make up. The time is spent choosing the fabric and cutting.

Well that's it for yesterday's sewing. I need to get in the greenhouse for a session of different sowing this morning before the rains come. This afternoon I'm aiming to design a quilt for a Broadway themed swap. I have an idea just need to see if it'll work

10 comments:

  1. Oh WOW I love the blue cross and the quilting just adds that extra zing to it, well done :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! I came here from Prairie Sewn Studios. You had a different block pictured on the linky and when I got here I see these blocks instead which a beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous mug rug, although I would call it a miniquilt. So exquisite. And those blocks are gorgeous. I invite you to link your progress to WIPs Be Gone. FNWFs is making you shoot ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Gina!! That mug rug is stunning and your quilt is going to be gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed my visit to your Blog
    Some lovely work there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work. I love all your gorgeous blocks. Enjoy your gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some lovely quilting going on there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mug rug....wow little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mug rug... so precise. I'm making a note to try foundation piecing ;o) Love the quilting too. All that and another batch of blocks for your sampler quilt... you had a super productive time....xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx