Pages

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

My oldest and newest UFO's

Apart from my swap commitments I'm not starting anything new for the time being. This means that I can get to work on finishing off some

First off is a BOM from I don't know how long ago, at least if not over 10 years. It's called Atlantis and it's done in Moda Marbles.


I know it looks like it's finished but there's some hand sewing to do on it. All the curves you see have been hand stitched down. You get a better idea with the next pic.


The blue and green in this pic have yet to be folded over and sewn down.

All the main part of the quilt is done and three of the borders. I just have to sew that final border and then I can sandwich and quilt it. I'm determined to get this done by the end of the summer as it's been hanging around for too long just for a couple of hours of hand sewing.

My newest UFO/WIP that I'm also trying to work on is The Gypsy Wife quilt by Jen Kingwell. I've only been working on this since Jan/Feb so not too long. All the blocks are done so I'm just assembling it. It's assembled in 11 sections and I've done 9, just the two most fiddly to do,





There's alot of partial seams and Y seams in the assembly which take the time. I've used Moda Printemps which is a very romantic, subtle range. Very different from my normal palette. I've used all precuts and at the last count it's taken a jelly roll, 2 layer cakes and a charm pack. I think I've just enough left over to complete the assembly although I may have to piece the long strips.

I can't see me doing much more on these this week as I have a few swap deadlines to meet. More on those in other posts though.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the colours in your oldest WIP, and what a cool design! The gypsy wife is on my "someday" list too, your fabrics are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your GW, and it looks like your assembly is going well. It was my least favourite part, mainly becausedespite sewing all the blocks, there were some missing somehow at the end. Bit like loosing socks in the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your oldest UFO also, and somewhere I think I have a kit that uses a very similar pattern. I need to ferret that out while I'm in my major clean-up mode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors in that oldest UFO . . . good luck with the finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Atlantis quilt is beautiful! I love the bright, cheerful colors in it. And what a satisfying it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that Atlantis quilt...STUNNING. I'm so glad you are finishing it. What a way to start my morning. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that blue background! The whole quilt just pops!


    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx