Pages

Sunday, 21 June 2015

A nearly finish

So yesterday I chained myself to the sewing machine in order to get the Cotton and Steel swap quilt finished.

I managed to get all the piecing done by just after lunch


I  wasn't a fan of  low volume fabrics but this is the second quilt I've made using them and they are growing on me.

Yesterday afternoon I finished up the quilting. After toying with a few designs I decided on matchstick quilting on all the background, leaving the geese unquilted.



The back of the quilt is the remainder of the low volume fabrics sewn together. This is where I boobed. The corner of the backing folded over on itself and I didn't notice until it was too late.



I think I can hide most of this though with the binding and hanging corners.  I've now got to decide what  to bind it in. I can't decide whether to stick with the white or use one of the coloured fabrics. I'll have to see what looks best. That'll be tomorrow as hubby and I are off out visiting a local stately home and garden today.

1 comment:

  1. I love your choice of quilting on this piece. Did you do this on your domestic machine or on a frame?

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx